The first International Conference on Governance and Accountability (ICGA) was successfully organized in 2010 by the Indonesian Centre for Social and Environmental Accounting Research and Development (ICSEARD), Social Responsibility Research Network (SSRNet), De Monfort University Centre for Research Into Organization Governance (CRCG), UiTM-ACCA Asia Pacific Centre for Sustainability (APCeS), Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility Unit, Curtin University, Australia and Faculty of Economic and Administrative Science, Yildiz Technical University, Turkey. The 2010 International Conference on Governance and Accountability was held on 5-8 December 2010 at Sebelas Maret University – Solo Paragon in Solo City, The Spirit of Java.
The second ICGA was recorded as jointly organized in 2012 by Universiti Teknologi MARA (UITM) Sarawak, Accounting Research Institute (ARI), Faculty of Accountancy with UiTM-ACCA Asia Pacific Centre for Sustainability (APCes) and the affiliated bodies:
- The Indonesian Centre for Social and Environmental Accounting Research, Development,
- The Indonesian Centre for Social and Environmental Accounting Research and Development Social Responsibility Research Network
- Audit and Accountability Research Unit (AA), Curtin University of Technology, Western Australia
- Centre of Research into Governance (CROG) De Montfort University,Leicester Business School, United Kingdom
- Centre for Accounting, Governance and Sustainability, University of South Australia, Adelaide South Australia
- Corporate Social Responsibility in Asia (CSR Asia), Malaysia
- The International Group on Governance Fraud Ethics and Social Responsibility (IGonGFESR), Turkey
The theme for the second ICGA conference is Ethics, Accountability and Governance: Towards Sustaining Value Creation. The conference was held on the 15 – 18 February 2012 in Hilton Kuching. The opening ceremony was graced by YB Dato’ Sri Wong Soon Koh, the Minister of Finance /Minister of Environment and Public Health Sarawak on the 16 February. A total of 250 participants registered and attended the conference. Foreigners made up of 32 participants
The conference aims to provide a platform to bring together researchers from developed and developing countries and to promote Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) research especially in the Asia- Pacific region. As well, the conference’s objective is to provide a forum to inform debate on the broad topic of CSR. The friendly environment and sense of community at ICGA conferences creates a unique opportunity for participants to connect with each other and with senior scholars in CSR.